S2 Engineering Industries (S2) provide full turnkey sevice for Double Cone Benders from design and manufacture to assembly, installation and commissioning.
The S2 Engineering Double Cone Blenders (DCB) can also be supplied with an integral drying system - click here for further details on RCVD's (Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryers).
As the blender rotates, given the conical shape of the vessel, the entire product batch is thoroughly mixed. This blending and inter-folding process maintains process media integrity and is therefore ideal for sensitive products. Thereafter the batch is easily discharged and the equipment cleaned given the conical shape of the vessel.
DCB's provide a range of operational benefits as stated below, making them an ideal item of process equipment for batch production in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical sectors.
DCB Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- Robust construction. Double pedestal supported (Single version is non-preferred but can be supplied for limited physical space applications)
- All bearings of the blender are external to the blending vessel
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- Direct Drive mechanism - S2 design does not have a conventional belt pulley, chain sprocket , spur gear other mechanical member for torque transmission or speed reduction. Hollow shaft gearbox is used.
- Cantilever type support can be given for DCB models up to 1000 Litres thereby saving the space beneath the equipment and thereby isolating the serve area
- Complete Automation with PLC based operation is possible.
S2 Double Cone Blenders have the following benefits;
- Minimum attrition of the product media
- Conical vessel shape is ideal for discharging and cleaning operations.
- As there are no scrapers, ploughs, scoops or vanes, material will not clog and prevent uniform blending
- No possibility of bearing fluid cross contamination with product media
DCB Technical Info
- Design & Construction: AMSE Sec.VIII, Divison-I, Latest Edition
- Main Dimensions: Designed to suit specific applications
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 500L to 5,000L
- Operating Pressure: 0- 6 Barg (0 - 90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: Ambient (Drying systems can be supplied)
DCB Supply Options
- Variable Speed Electric Motor Drive for reduced energy consumption and 'ramp-up' operation.
- Dryer and solvent recovery systems including condenser, receivers and vacuum systems
- Full instrumentation pack for control room operation/DCS systems
- Clean room configuration available
- Operator gantry and staircase
- Controlled discharge system
- Powder Loading System
- Powder Discharge system
- Barrier Isolator surrounding entire system, with operator half-suit operation (if required) for product loading/discharge
- Hot Water Washing Systems - CIP, SIP, WIP
- ATEX Rated (Explosion Proofed) to any standard
- Bespoke Guarding Systems, including laser beam guarding
- Load cells - to confirm the addition or discharge of product
- Jacketed cone shells - to control the temperature in the V-shell
- Agitator bars for high intensity mixing
- CE and PED compliance
- S2 offer a range of high chemical resistant DCB solutions including chemical resistant vessel materials and coatings.
Alternate Materials of Construction: In addition to 304, 316 and 316L Stainless Steel, DCB's can be supplied in a number of different materials of construction including Alloy 20, Alloy 22 and Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C).
Chemical Resistant Coatings: Compared to exotic alloy materials, chemical resistant coatings provide a lower coat of supply solution when processing highly aggressive substances. Our StanCoat high chemical resistant coating is an example of such a coating and this is also conducive for food grade applications. Read More
S2 DCB's are used in many industry sectors including;
- Dyes/dye intermediates,
- Inorganic chemicals,
- Temperature sensitive materials,
- Organic chemicals