S2 Engineering (S2) design, manufacture, install and commission a comprehensive range of custom built Blenders, including V-Type (also known as V-Shell, Vee Cone or Y Cone blenders). Our S2 blenders are ideal for low shear tumble blending of powders and granules and are used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical and live science industry sectors.
The S2 Engineering blenders can also be supplied with an integral drying system, in a variety of configurations - click here for further details
S2 V-type Blenders are designed so that they provide an intensive mixing action. As the V-Shell is rotated the powder is repeatedly divided and then mixed together. Product is typically brought to the S2 v-blender in a drum. The drum is secured to the v-shell inlet orifice and then both drum and V-shell are inverted by the blender through 180 degrees. This allows the powder to be able to fall into the V-Shell under gravity. The drum is then removed before blending commences.
V-Blenders provide a range of operational benefits as stated below, making them an ideal item of process equipment for batch production in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical sectors.
V-Blender Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- There are no scrapers, ploughs, scoops or vanes which hold material and prevent uniform blending.
- All bearings of the blender are external to the blending vessel
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- S2 can manufacture V-Shells to any specification, the most usual shapes are Symmetrical or Asymmetrical. The outlet cone usually has a 60° angle to assist discharge.
- Direct Drive mechanism - S2 design does not have a conventional belt pulley, chain sprocket , spur gear other mechanical member for torque transmission or speed reduction. Hollow shaft gearbox is used.
- Cantilever type support can be given for DCB models up to 1000 Litres thereby saving the space beneath the equipment and thereby isolating the serve area
- Complete Automation with PLC based operation is possible.
S2 Double Cone Blenders have the following benefits;
- Minimum attrition of the product media
- Conical vessel shape is ideal for discharging and cleaning operations.
- As there are no scrapers, ploughs, scoops or vanes, material will not clog and prevent uniform blending
- No possibility of bearing fluid cross contamination with product media
V-Blender Technical Info
- Design & Construction: AMSE Sec.VIII, Division-I, Latest Edition
- Main Dimensions: Designed to suit specific applications
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 100L to 6,000L
- Operating Pressure: 0- 6 Barg (0 - 90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: Ambient (Drying systems can be supplied)
- Type: Single or Double plinth designs
V-Blender Supply Options
- Variable Speed Electric Motor Drive for reduced energy consumption and 'ramp-up' operation.
- Dryer and solvent recovery systems including condenser, receivers and vacuum systems
- Full instrumentation pack for control room operation/DCS systems
- Clean room configuration available
- Powder conditioning system (to break any lumps prior to blending) - De-Lumper
- Vacuum Transfer loading system
- Operator gantry and staircase
- Controlled discharge system
- Barrier Isolator surrounding entire system, with operator half-suit operation (if required) for product loading/discharge
- Full instrumentation pack for Control Room management
- Powder Loading System
- Powder Discharge system
- Hot Water Washing Systems - CIP, SIP, WIP
- ATEX Rated (Explosion Proofed) to any standard
- Bespoke Guarding Systems, including laser beam guarding
- Load cells - to confirm the addition or discharge of product
- Jacketed V-shells - to control the temperature in the V-shell
- Agitator bars for high intensity mixing
- CE and PED compliance
- S2 offer a range of high chemical resistant V-Blender solutions including chemical resistant vessel materials and coatings.
Alternate Materials of Construction: In addition to 304, 316 and 316L Stainless Steel, V-Blender's can be supplied in a number of different materials of construction including Alloy 20, Alloy 22 and Alloy C276 (Hastelloy C).
Chemical Resistant Coatings: Compared to exotic alloy materials, chemical resistant coatings provide a lower coat of supply solution when processing highly aggressive substances. Our StanCoat high chemical resistant coating is an example of such a coating and this is also conducive for food grade applications. Read More
S2 V-Blenders are used in many industry sectors including;
- Dyes/dye intermediates,
- Inorganic chemicals,
- Temperature sensitive materials,
- Organic chemicals