The S2 Engineering Nauta Dryer works on the principle of a conical mixer whereby the primary mixing screw is inclined at the same angle as the cone wall and conveys the product from bottom of the vessel to the surface.
The mixing screw sits on an arm from the centre drive mechanism and this assembly allows the mixing screw to orbit around the circumference of the inner wall of the vessel, mixing the process media and allowing heat transfer through convection.
As process media from the screw rises to the surface a counterflow of downward material drops with gravity. The speed of the downward media increases as the vessel diameter decreases thus resulting in a fast and intensive product mixing with low power consumption and high mixing efficiency.
This S2 Nauta Dryer units can be supplied with a range of optional features including twin screw arm mixing and heating jacket etc. - see below for full design and technical specifications.
Nauta Design Features
The S2 Nauta Dryer's are innovatively designed to minimise production costs and maximise product efficiency and effectiveness. Some of the design features include;
- Modular Design with Stainless Steel cGMP construction
- 100-10,000 Litres Capacity
- Low Power Consumption
- Designed for safe operation
- Suspended mounting as standard (Frame mounting optional
- Single Screw orbiting arm as standard (Dual screw mixing is optional)
- Removable Lid for cleaning/access
- Bottom exit process media discharge
Nauta Dryer Benefits
- Low energy consumption compared to other traditional batch style dryers.
- High thermal heat transfer efficiency.
- Very high solvent recovery.
- Gentle action on the process media, that can be further reduced with a VSD motor (see Supply Options)
Nauta Technical Specifications
- Heating Temperature: From 30°C to 200°C
- Capacity: 100 - 10,000 litres
- Operating Pressure: 0-6 barg (0 - 90 psig)
- Materials of Construction: 304 S/S, 316 S/S and Alloy C276 (Hastelloy)
- Design & Construction: AMSE Sec.VIII, Divison-I, Latest Edition
- Main Dimensions: Designed to suit specific applications
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
Nauta Dryer Options
- Variable Speed Electric Motor Drive for 'ramp-in' mixing operation for sensitive products
- Heated jacket for accelerated drying efficiency
- Integral rame mounted
- Arrangement for inert gas purging into dryer
- Full instrumentation pack for control room operation/DCS systems
- Staircase access and operator platform/gantry (for large vessels)
- Micro Nauta Dryers can be frame-trolley mounted for use in Labs and Clean Rooms.
- Bottom 'in process' side entry sampler for enhance operational performance
- A complementary skid mounted Thermal Control Unit (TCU) can be supplied to control the Dryers heating system (see example of an S2 TCU to the right)
- All wetted parts of the dryer can be supplied with StanCoat high chemical resistance coating
Nauta Dryer Applications
The S2 Nauta Dryer is a low power consuming dryer unit which is typically used for drying of wet cake product after filtration. It is commonly used in the following applications/sectors;
- Intermediate Compounds
- Fine Chemicals
- Chemicals & Chemical reactions: alkalization, solid-gas reactions
- Agro Chemicals
- Pesticides and Insecticides
- Dyes and Paints
- Food Products
- Wet agglomeration and granulation of solids
- Sterilization of products
- Homogenizing under vacuum
- Cooling of solids and liquids
- De-aeration of pastes and liquids
- Micro-Lab work, clean rooms, pilot plants, R&D centres