S2 Engineering design, manufacture, install and commission all types of process dryer's including Rotary Vacuum Paddle Dryers (RVPD's). Our RVPD's are horizontally orientated and are either floor or skid mounted, available up to 10,000 litre capacity.
The Dryer has a cylindrical jacketed vessel with a central shaft and innovative agitator paddle/blades. The s2 RVPD agitator blades are designed that they sweep the entire internal surface and simultaneously turn the material so that all the product media comes into contact with the heated inner surface.
The RVPD shaft is supported on both ends of the dryer by high performance bearings and driven by means of a electric motor and gearbox. Cooling/heating is provided through the jacket so that the sealed heat transfer media can not come into contact with the process media. Cooling heat transfer fluids include brine or cold water where as heating heat transfer fluids include steam, hot water or heat transfer oil. Within the S2 Group we make a range of complementary Thermal Control units if there is no plant heat source available and a limpet coil is provided instead of jacket if the heating media is fluid.
RVPD Design Features
The S2 RVPD's are innovatively designed to minimise production costs and maximise product efficiency and effectiveness. Some of the design featurs include;
- Modular Design with cGMP Stainless Steel construction
- 500-10,000 Litres Capacity
- Innovative paddle/blade technology with high-efficiency operation
- Designed for safe operation with double wall vessel construction
- Integral dust / powder catcher
- Vacuum pump, Condenser and Receiver is optional depending on availability of such on site.
- Vacuum tight discharge valve
- Internal filter
- Loading wet cake / slurry is through a cover with a quick opening device
- Low energy consumption compared to other traditional batch style dryers due to high differential temperatures.
- High thermal heat transfer efficiency.
- Double wall construction suitable for use with steam, hot water / hot oil as heating media
- Very high solvent recovery.
- The provision of an internal filter ensures minimum entrainment of dry product under vacuum
RVPD Technical Specifications
- Operational Temperature: 0-200°C (0-390°F)
- Heating Temperature: 30°C to 300°C
- Evaporation Rate: 4.12 Kg/ HrlSq. Meter of Heating surface area of water at heating temperature of 100°C.
- Capacity: 500 - 10,000 litres. Larger dryers can be designed to suit client applications
- Approx footprint size: (0.75m dia x 1.5m long) - (1.75m dia. x 4.5m long)
- Operational Pressure: Atmospheric to Full vacuum
- Raised skid mounting: ideal for scaled pilot plant and lab applications for optimum operator/process flow ergonomics
- Limpet coil: This can be used instead of heating jacket if the heating media is fluid.
- Full instrumentation pack for control room operation/DCS systems
- Internal breaker bars: These run the entire length of the dryer shell and are required if lump formation is expected during drying.
- A complementary skid mounted Thermal Control Unit (TCU) can be supplied to control the Dryers heating system (see example of an S2 TCU to the right)
- Nitrogen blanketing for sealing at charging and discharging points for drying of highly explosive materials.
- Vacuum System
- Thermal Control Unit (TCU) to manage and supply the thermal heating and cooling fluid for the heating jacket, where plant services is not available. Our TCU's are supplied by our Group company. Click here for information about Sunrax Process Technologies.
S2 RVPD's can handle a wide range of processed materials from slurries to solid shapes, granular, crystalline or fibrous solids. Typical examples include;
- Centrifuged solids
- Rayon staple
- Synthetic rubber
S2 Engineering RVPD's are particularly suitable for drying materials which are heat sensitive as low temperature drying can be maintained given the high vacuum operation. This includes expensive pharma materials where high degree of purity is required. These dryers are also applicable for sterile / clean room applications.