Stainless Steel AE-Reactors
Our Stainless Steel AE Reactors are manufactured and finished to the highest standards.
S2 designs are available to suit standard international specifications such as DIN conforming, where required, to the European Pressure Directive (PED), CE marking and ATEX.
However, S2 is also specifically strong at manufacturing bespoke stainless steel and exotic alloy Reactors to suit customer specifications and/or application requirements. This may include bespoke vessel heating jackets, for example, as shown.
Reactor Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- Robust, safe construction
- Sealed single piece optional heating jacket
- Manufactured in accordance with international specifications
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- Both CE and AE designs available
- Manual discharge valve (automated versions are optional)
- Anchor, Propeller and Turbine agitating system available
- Mechanical seal for shaft to housing seal
- Motor: Flange Mounted Flame proof design (ATEX designs are optional)
Bespoke Reactor designs or the development of a Reactor to suit a specific specification residing in a country/region or industry sector, can also be completed by the S2 team upon request.
Reactor Technical Specifications
S2's range of Stainless Steel and Exotic Alloy Reactors are supplied to the following technical specifications;
- Design & Construction: AMSE Sec.VIII, Division-I, Latest Edition
- Main Dimensions: Designed to suit specific applications. Typically the sizes follow the industry standard vessel length/diameter ratios of between 1/3-15 range.
- Flange Drilling: ANSI - B 16.6, #150
- Capacity: Typically supplied from 63L to 1,000L
- Operating Pressure: 0-6 Barg (0-90 psig)
- Operating Temperature: 0-200 Deg.C (0-390 Deg F). Jacketed versions can be supplied with heating fluid 0-300 Deg.C (0-570 Deg F.)
- Anchor agitating system: Min 56rpm, Max 64rpm (typical values, depending on vessel size)
- Propeller agitating system: Min 90rpm, Max 300rpm (typical values, depending on vessel size)
- Turbine agitating system: Min 90rpm, Max 300rpm (typical values, depending on vessel size)
The following design options can be supplied as standard on the S2 Stainless Steel and Exotic Alloy Receiver range.
- Staircase and operator platform/gantry (for larger vessels)
- Jacketed for heating/cooling of the reactor contents whilst in storage.
- Limpet coil available for heating/cooling
- Top Cover insulated
- Automated discharge valve
- Top Cover with heating/cooling jacket
- Barrier Isolator for safe loading and discharge of Reactor contents.
- Full instrumentation control pack for control room management
- Thermal Control Units - for supplying heating/cooling fluid to the Receiver jacket where no plant means is available. This type of self-contained system is typically employed in remote storage units/sheds/warehouses.
- Bespoke / custom made agitator designs, paddles and propellers are also periodically manufactured by S2 for specific application duties.
For bespoke and customised Receiver design features, please do not hesitate to contact us.
StanCoat Reactor Solutions
S2 offer a range of high chemical resistant reactor solutions which also includes chemical resistant vessel charging systems. An example of our StanCoat high chemical resistant coating is shown on the S2 Reactor Charging Isolator (Glove Box) and supporting system, in the images to the right. The experienced S2 Group of Companies has supplied many chemical resistant vessel solutions with special coatings which are also conducive for food grade applications.
An example of which is for Hydrogen bromide (HBR) charging. HBR is highly explosive and corrosive liquid received in the drum. The drum is taken into the glove box (50Kg) and opened inside whereby a vacuum is applied inside the Reactor to suck the product from the drum directly. There is connection for nitrogen purging while operating.
For further information of our total turnkey Reactor solutions for high corrosive applications, please contact us.
Some of the common application areas for receivers are found in the following industry sectors:
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food processing