S2 Engineering design, manufacture and install a range of modular shell and tube heat exchangers, engineered to efficiently remove/add heat from a specific application/duty.
Our Shell and Tube heat exchanger systems are highly efficient and are preferred when there is a good quality source of secondary fluid (such as mains/ring water) used for the Shell side of the system.
The heat exchangers shown to the right were manufactured in our Hyderbad facility in a 20 off batch.
S2 has also manufactured exotic alloy heat exchangers including designs from Titanium Grade 2 - Click here for further information.
- Designed to Current Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (cGAMP)
- Robust Design
- Modular construction
- Tube fluid is designed to take the most efficient heat removal route through the system
- Highly efficient heat removal through fluid conduction means
- Ideal when a secondary (shell) fluid source is available
- Seamless tube with smooth, polished surface finish is supplied as standard. A totally parallel outside diameter (crevice-free design ensuring no contamination) is available on request
Our standard Shell and Tube heat exchangers are typically supplied to the technical specification below. Customised heat exchangers are designed to suit specific applications.
- Heat Transfer Area: from 0.1m2
- Materials: 316L Stainless Steel Tube, 304L Stainless Steel Shell
- Gasket: PTFE, EPDM, FEP
- Surface Finish: 0.3 - 0.8 micrometers MP
- Tri-Clamp Connection: ASME BPE, DIN32676, DIN11864-3, ISO2037. Customised options are available.
- Shell Connection: Flange to DIN2635/EN1092, ANSI B16.5. Customised options are available.
- Pressure Vessel Code: ASME VIII (PED for Europe)
- Temperature: -15 to 200 Deg C
- Pressure: 10 barg (15- psig). Higher pressure versions are available on request.
- Design: U-tube, straight and multipass
- Insulation: Optional. Mineral wool (ASTM C795) with Stainless Steel Cladding
- Welding: According to latest ASME
- Double Tube Sheet: Optional as this protects against service media leaking into the product
Suitable for most hygienic applications as found in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Chemical, Food, Beverage and API / Bulk Drugs sectors including;
- General plant water systems
- Water for injection (WIP) applications
- Purified water systems
- Purified plus water systems
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) applications
- General product heating and cooling duties
- API Plan 23 applications
- API Plan 21 applications